Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

No Parking's Birthday Bash Sloop Race! Win a Custom Renamed Sloop!

Threetwoone

No Parking's Birthday Bash Sloop Race! Win a Custom Renamed Sloop! Empty No Parking's Birthday Bash Sloop Race! Win a Custom Renamed Sloop!

Post  Threetwoone Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:01 am

What: A sloop race in celebration of No Parking's first birthday!
    When: You are able to do the race at any time within a 72 hour period from October 29th to October 31st. Ye can enter the race as many times as you want!
    Deadline: You can join the event crew anytime between now and October 31st. All race time must be posted by 23:59 Game time in a PM.

Prizes:
    1st: Custom Renamed Sloop (pick yer name), 60k and up to 7 Piles of cookies announcing how AWESOME ye are! (1 pile of cookies fer each person that helped in the race)
    2nd: 60k POE
    3rd: 30k POE

Route: A total of 40 league points or more, must stop at 4 or more islands, shortest distance between islands stopped at will be assumed even if ye went a longer way.

Rules:
    -All participant will need to join the crew Towing Services before October 31st. Ye do not have to run the race in the event crew. Ye just need the sloop in the event crew before October 31st 24:59 Game Time.
    -I suggest before and after the race ye add 15 poe and remove them from the hold. This will allow me to find the records easier. (this is not required but will help me out)
    -The race starts when ye buy/sell an item to the palace/fort and ends when ye buy/sell something to the palace/fort on the last Island.
    -You will buy/sell an item to the Palace/fort at each island you stop at, the logs on your ship will record the time and place which will be verified later.
    -Ye must buy an item before the race and have it in the hold through out the race. The item cannot be rum or cannon balls. If bought from palace/fort, it will start the time for the race. (this will ensure that no one swabbie ship transports)
    -Times will only be calculated by minutes (since I am not an OM and can?t see seconds). See below to see what happens in the event of a tie.
    - The fastest time wins.
    - You may enter as many times as you would like but only the fastest time per pirate will count.
    - PVP is allowed but is in my opinion evil
    - Ship logs will be checked after the race is over to verify times. Only those who have posted the best times will be checked, so make sure you report your time accurately!
    -Only one officer should be managing each ship. (i.e. only one officer, the entrant, should show up in the logs of their ship)
    - The shortest distance between islands stopped at will be assumed even if ye went a longer way.
    - Ye may not race during a reboot.

Ties
    We will not be rerunning any races.

- In the event of a tie fer first each pirate will receive a standard renamed sloop and 60k
    -Any other ties for places other than first will receive duplicate prizes. (After 3 people the prize will be divide (Prize x3 / number of people tied)

Joining Event Crew:
    You can join the event by contacting Threetwoone or any royal of No Parking.

Entering Race Times:
    Race time, number or leagues, route taken, etc... must be PM'ed to Dapiratedude by October 31st at 23:59 game time.

Yer PM should look like this:

Time | Pirate Running Race (main pirates name if using alt) | Ship Name | Length (Start, second island, third island, finish) | names of the pirates that helped ye |

Example:

0:47 | Threetwo (Threetwoone) | Unconventional Round Oreo | 42 lp's (Scrimshaw, Scurvy Reef, Guantlet, Spaniel) | Hiba, Wendyrz, Klancy, Compadre |

The winners will be announced around Noon (game time) on November 1st in a series of 100k tournaments. I will also post the winners on the forum.

Last edited by Threetwoone on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    elaphe
    elaphe

No Parking's Birthday Bash Sloop Race! Win a Custom Renamed Sloop! Empty Re: No Parking's Birthday Bash Sloop Race! Win a Custom Renamed Sloop!

Post  elaphe Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Hmm... interesting.

Questions:

1. It has to be a sloop? I suppose yes. /e has a dhow. Hmm... I guess I could borrow a sloop from me other uh... selves if I want to join this... >.> And I just answered my own question, didn't I? <.<

2. The people who help... do they have to be members of the flag as well?
    Oh. And if, say for example, I just have 1 friend to help me out, can I have 2 bots?

Thank ye! =)
    Wendyrz
    Wendyrz

No Parking's Birthday Bash Sloop Race! Win a Custom Renamed Sloop! Empty Re: No Parking's Birthday Bash Sloop Race! Win a Custom Renamed Sloop!

Post  Wendyrz Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:02 pm

This event is open to the ocean, not just NoP, so anyone can help and you can have as many or as few people on your ship as you choose.
    elaphe
    elaphe

Post  elaphe Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:12 am

Ah, nice! Thanks. =)
    Threetwoone

Post  Threetwoone Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:50 am

elaphe wrote:Hmm... interesting.
    Oh. And if, say for example, I just have 1 friend to help me out, can I have 2 bots?

Yes ye can do that.
    elaphe
    elaphe

Post  elaphe Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:26 am

Woot!

Yay! I think I am in! Razz

Thanks! <3
    Threetwoone

Post  Threetwoone Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:32 am

Booched the start date. It is the 29th not the 28th
    elaphe
    elaphe

Post  elaphe Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:37 am

Btw, where do I send the PM? PM through this forum, right? (As opposed to ypp forums.)

Thanks =)
    Threetwoone

Post  Threetwoone Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:59 am

either works
    elaphe
    elaphe

Post  elaphe Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:58 am

Uh... hi.
    I have a favor to ask.

Not sure if I'll be able to do this thing because there is a storm (wonderful timing) and the electricity was still out when I left home this morning. My friend and I were supposed to do this today so we can do it during the day (Saturday the 31st morning-noon here on our side of the world).

Well, anyways, I told him if I'm still not around, he can go ahead and try to do the race without me. If any of you are around, can you help him out with charting and getting into towing services and all that? (If you are not available or you are busy or whatever, that's alright. No problem at all. Smile )

But just in case, just wanted to let you know so you won't wonder who this stranger is sending you tells hehe. Pirate name is Demeere. He's FO in my Drunken Madness.

Thanks much! <3

But hopefully when I get home, electricity and internet will be back. /e crosses fingers

And enjoy everyone! Smile
    elaphe
    elaphe

Post  elaphe Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:38 am

I haz electricity!!!

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 am